A downloadable tool for Windows and Linux
Create visual effects in this particle-based editor!
Import the effects into your favorite game engine and fill your game world with colorful animations by rendering them to sprite sheets, image sequences and videos or using the runtime plugins for common game engines.
- Unity Engine (Unity 2017+)
- Godot Engine (Godot 3.3+)
Can I use effects created with Pixelpart in commercial projects & games?
Yes! Effects you create with Pixelpart are yours and you can use them however you want, including commercial projects. You can even use the provided example effects in your projects, they are released under CC0.
Requirements to run Pixelpart?
The following specifications are required to run Pixelpart:
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11 (x64) OR Linux distribution (x64) running X11
- Graphics: OpenGL 3.3
- RAM: 4 GB
Which platforms do the plugins support?
The plugins run on Windows, Linux and macOS at the moment. If you want to use the effects in mobile or console games, export them as sprite sheets or images sequences. Supporting more platforms is planned for future versions!
In order to download this tool you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $15 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Pixelpart 1.4.2 Released - Web Support & Billboard Mode for PluginsMay 13, 2022
- Pixelpart 1.4.1 Released - New Video Formats & Improved RenderingApr 15, 2022
- Pixelpart 1.4 Released - Plugins for Game EnginesMar 22, 2022
- Pixelpart 1.3.2 Released - Improved UI & New Emitter PresetsDec 16, 2021
- Pixelpart 1.3.1 Released - Burst Option & New SpritesAug 21, 2021
- Pixelpart 1.3 Released - Emitter PresetsJul 24, 2021
- Pixelpart 1.2 Released - New Emitter System & Seamless EffectsJun 03, 2021
- Pixelpart 1.1 Released - Colliders & UI UpdateApr 21, 2021